Sunday, January 13, 2013

Second Semester: Clusterfuck, Voyage, Dolphin Squadron

Catalyst. A game from Clusterfuck. 
So, it's been awhile and I'm a little upset that I let myself just not update for such a long period of time, but I'm ready to get back to business.

Well, actually, let's start with a short look at my last three weeks. During break (and after Voyage) I went to a couple of parties and had some fun. I found it ironic that I left college and partied, but that's not important. I was a little upset that I didn't get any actual work done, but I'm usually overworking myself anyway, so it was fine. Then, suddenly I came back to college. I was ready to work--then I went to more parties and socialized too much. This took me over for a few days.

Now, I'm actually back and prepared to work. To be completely honest though, I feel that the partying was a pretty solid experience. Socializing at these things gives you a pretty good view of the world. I learned a few things about people that I wasn't quite expecting, but that's neither here, nor there. You are here to read about games! Our games specifically.

So, Clusterfuck 
This is video game design in action.
Project Clusterfuck has been advancing at a pretty solid rate. The artists legitimately love working on the game, but we're still in pre-production, so they haven't begun to hate their lives yet. What we're doing now is working on the concept art, developing a style, working on our stories, running into design problems, etc. The image above is from one of our first meetings where we were taking a look at control schemes. As you might be able to see, Clusterfuck is being designed for controllers. We also make sure we keep the scope in check because being in-scope is absolutely essential for any game. We want to be ambitious (because this is a project about learning our limits), but we don't want to actually make a clusterfuck of a game. Ya dig?

Updates about Clusterfuck will be made from time to time. I'm not actually sure how much the team wants to reveal about the game before we've figured things out; and while I am the game designer, I'm not the project lead. We don't even have one of those yet. Right now, Clusterfuck is just our game. As such, information about its development will be sporadic, but awesome and artsy!

Some Clusterfuck Art
Tenebrae (By Meghan)
A Story (By Hunter)
Catalyst (By Brook)
A representation for 16 of the Clusterfuck characters. Sans Project Duo.
Project Voyage and Dolphin Squadron

Progress on Project Voyage has been interesting. I try not to work on it unless I'm certain I have time to blog, so, for the last few weeks, I've gotten little to no work done on it. Jacques has created a few new songs that I'd like to show, but I'll wait until I have time to write a specific post about it. As for Dolphin Squadron...we only need like seven assets (which has become a joke around ACPC Productions). I'm sure we'll get it done sometime after the Global Game Jam, but until then, I'm back in direct contact with Brook (the artist), so I'll try to make him do it over the next few days. :P

Consensus (with myself)

WE'RE ALL JUST TOO EXCITED ABOUT CLUSTERFUCK TO WORK ON OUR OTHER GAMES.

Alas,
Expect Greatness.
Ryan Huggins~

No comments:

Post a Comment