Saturday, May 11, 2013

Weekly Updates and Orphan Adventure Game

It's a little weird for me to not have any new art to head my post with, but this will be a short one regardless. For the remainder of the summer, I will be adhering to a roughly weekly update schedule. Having mostly completed Dolphin Squadron means that I have a lot of free time that I can either waste or use to make more things. Today, in a way, has been a waste (granted I was sick last night), so I'm using this blog post to ground myself and prepare myself to get some serious work done on a project(s) in the coming weeks.

Orphan Adventure Game will be my primary focus for the next 8 weeks of development and hopefully by then I'll have a mostly complete game/cool prototype to show for it. Having said that, I have decided to approach the game from a more musical angle than usual and design a battle system that involves music directly in the gameplay. I'm not particularly interested in rhythm games or all of the micro-coding I'd have to do to deal with the timings and such though, so it won't be a rhythm-based system. What I hope I end up designing is something that probably won't be completely new, but will at least be cool.

Anywho,
Expect Greatness~
Ryan Huggins.

No comments:

Post a Comment